I just want to pen down some aims for 2016 and see where I get to.
Most people go crazy with resolutions. One guy over New Years’ made 17! I think that’s a bit crazy, so I am keeping to a simple, short list.
- Read more books. Mark Zuckerberg claimed to have read 2 a month. That seems like a good target.
- Learn to ski (properly). I have started this already but I want to get good and I’ve barely had any lessons.
- Learn Spanish. I am planning a Cuba trip soon. I have also signed up for Spanish lessons starting this month. Duolingo shoud also augment this.
- Measure my achievements. I heard about this over New Years: the act of just trying to measure goals will actually improve how you reach them. Hopefully end up making a list like this guy
- Upgrade all the things. I have more disposable income, so time to buy the same things but smaller and better.
- Improve health. More specifically train myself to stop getting any more back pain, which has been up and down last year.
This is also about doing less of things:
- Less martial arts. Yep, this was low on my list but I still keep going sporadically. I think it is time to dump the martial art side of my training and stick to fitness and core exercises.
- Less TV shows. Again this was slipping already but still managed a few seasons of House Of Cards and started on Red Dwarf. Now moving to just a few mini-series, like Sherlock or Luther.
- Reduce my ownership footprint. Last time I checked I owned about two cars worth of stuff, time to get that down to one car.